Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Just Chillin' With Jesus

I had the strangest dream the other night.  Hubby and the kiddo have been laughing at me for it....I do have to admit, it's one of the stranger dreams I've ever been able to remember!

It was a beautiful, sunshiney day without a cloud in the sky and the sunshine had that rich feel to it that you only get on those truly beautiful summer afternoons.  All the colors were sharp and vibrant....that grass was so green, for example, that you could almost taste the color.  (No...I'm not sure what green tastes like...that's a whole other blog...)   My Aunt Heather and I were walking across the lawn from my parent's home towards my Uncle Stanley's home and we were holding hands and enjoying the sun, laughing and talking.  There was a huge MSN butterfly flying lazily around the air above us, maybe the size of a large kite, and I was pointing it out to her as we were heading over to a picnic.  The picnic was in the far corner of my Uncle's property, near the road, and Jesus was there hanging out...just another person.

Yep...that's all of it.  It wasn't a long dream and there wasn't a lot going on, but STRANGE!  I'm usually the person who interprets dreams for many of my friends.  I've generally got a pretty good handle on the symbolism that goes on in the dreaming mind and so on and blah blah blah.  I have NO clue what this is about!!! ROFL!

I can't even begin to guess why the MSN butterfly was there??  I mean...srsly???  My Aunt was likely there because she'll be in this area soon and I'm looking forward to spending more time with her.  The location makes sense because when I think about idyllic summer days it's there where I grew up.  But that butterfly totally stumps me.....yeah, and Jesus being there!!!!!  HUH??  I am not a practicing anything...a former lapsed Catholic on paper, though I don't consider myself a Catholic anymore.  I don't really believe in any structured religion that I've found thus far and know more about what I don't believe than what I do.  I haven't had any religious conversations recently before the dream so it's not something that's been on my mind.  I can be a spiritual person, but am not a religious person in any sense of the word.  So why Jesus was gracing my picnic I have no idea!  There was no feeling in the dream that he was anybody other than just another person hanging out in the sunshine enjoying the food.  Watching the MSN butterfly linger in the air overhead....

Didn't Joan Osborne sing about that?
And he didn't look ANYthing like John Denver, btw!

Is Bill Gates really a god?  ;-)   If he is, he's not very good at it.....Windows sucks.....my next computer will be an Apple...

No comments:

Post a Comment