Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Monday, April 6th, 2020

Took Kyle's truck into town to fill the gas tank then right back home.  The town is so quiet....not silent as we're not under stay home orders and lots of people are still working at their "essential" jobs.  But it's eerie for sure.

Made bread today in the new bread machine I snagged when Peggy moved.  Not my best work, but it's been a while.  And bread is bread.  Found yeast at The Natural Way -- the grocery stores keep running out.

My unemployment is boosted with an additional $600 now with the new incentives or whatever they're calling them.  It'll be nice to be able to keep  the bills caught up and buy a pizza lol.

Did the dishes, organized a few things, got laundry going, but mostly I have zero motivation to do much of anything other than sit on my couch, read Destiel fanfics, and chill.  I supposed there are worse things.

Cuomo has ordered that schools will be closed until 4/29 to give social distancing time to actually work and not end it too soon and throw us into a tailspin with illnesses.  Not usually a fan of his, but he's been doing great with all this.  If he chose to run for president this fall I'd actually vote for him.

Several Hours Later......

So I got a little motivated.  Nothing terribly exciting, but I got the laundry mostly caught up, made goulash, did assorted tidying and cleaning things.  Now listening to one of my Pandemic playlists, enjoying a glass of wine, and feeling well medicated. 

I heard today that one of the neighbors has lost a family member to Covid.....a middle aged man, not a high risk type.  It's starting to hit closer to home.  It's been a few days since anything new has come out of Washington DC or Albany so the news stories are starting to throw hyped up crap around again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment