Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

December Updates


Well, we got the garage finished.  The trim is a color called Moon Crater, which is a gunmetal grey purplish color.  Not quite what I remember buying, but I like it.  What a huge PITA -- which is why I didn't do it for so long.  Hopefully it's a long, long time before I have to do that again!!!

Not a great deal different or new happening.  MIL gave hubby the moulah to get his truck fixed for an early Christmas present.  He ordered the ignition parts he'll need and he'll be pulling the starter today and taking it in to buy a new one.  Can't wait for it to be done!!!  I'll have my car back!!  No more evenings stuck here.....as if I had anywhere else to go!

The kiddo is home today with a migraine.  The headache is beginning to let up a little, but the light sensitivity is brutal.  Handy thing it's a cloudy day out. Hopefully it lets up by this evening....I really hate him missing school.  But there's no sense in forcing him to attend when he can't think for the fireworks behind his eyes.

Looking forward to Christmas Eve at my Aunt Heather's house again this year.  Taylor took Mom, Heather and I out to a new Italian Restaurant in town called Vino Vidi Vici and it was absolutely awesome!!  Then afterwards to Handel's Messiah performed at Sacred Heart Church by the Northern NY Orchestra and Potsdam Choir with some guest vocalists from Crane School of Music.  It was lovely.  Loved the choir and the orchestra....not such a big fan of the operatic style of singing, but they were very talented and I'm glad I got to see it.  I'd like to see them perform some other works.

Had a Gold Canyon Candle party that went south.  Instead of taking 5-10 business days for the orders to come in it took 5-6 weeks.  There were a couple of bad checks that had to be taken care of which accounted for a week to two weeks of that, but beyond that I haven't been able to pin down exactly what went wrong.  I have some suspicions, but no evidence of any kind.  But everybody has their products or their refunds at this point in time so it's all good.  And I absolutely LOVE my holiday candles!!  The house smells sooooo good!! I will have to find a new demonstrator, though.  My party guests wouldn't attend another party with the same one, even if there were absolute proof that the delay was none of her doing.  She did keep in constant contact with me, though, despite the discomfort of the situation.  She didn't dodge any of my calls, texts or emails.  I give points for that because I've had people I couldn't get in touch with on a good day!!!  lol

Got our Christmas tree at Breezy Maples Farm again this year.  It's not as magnificent as the one we got last year, but it is magnificent!  I decorated it in all red and gold ornaments, which I bought on clearance last January.  It's very beautiful, but I really miss all my special ornaments that I've collected over the years.  I'll box up all these ornaments, label it and set it all in the back corner of the attic.  Maybe I'll do this again someday, though I doubt it.  I'll probably pass the ornaments on to somebody starting their first tree or something like that.  I mean, this was an 8' tree, so it'll be plenty  and more than to be a starter kit for somebody!!


I've got the Christmas shopping done.  There isn't as much this year, but nobody really needs anything.  I've got to do a little finangling with the bills this week, but nothing I can't manage.  And thankfully there are three paychecks this month!!  That helped, that and hubby getting some overtime.  LOVE OT!!

Had a lovely Thanksgiving/Christmas visit in Rochester with BIL and SIL.  It was a good trip down and back and everybody had a good time.  No big stresses, no problems, nobody had to die.  Which is always a good thing!!!   They got us a Blu Ray player which is awesome! It's absolutely amazing how good that picture is on that flat screen TV!

So far it's looking like a green Christmas is coming.  Winter weather has only just started to hit a little bit, there's a dusting of snow here and there.  Mostly, though, it rains and the wind blows.  It gets cold enough to freeze everything  but then I pops back up into the 40's.  It sucks!!!  I love a Christmas with a ton of snow....it's depressing when there isn't any.  All the signs pointed to a cold, snowy season this year but so far we're not seeing any of that.  Maybe we're going to get slammed.  Who knows.  It's not the first year it's been like this....I remember Christmases in my childhood walking to my grandmother's in the rain to celebrate Christmas Eve.

I haven't been going to the gym the last couple of months.  Margaret has gone down south to where her other son lives and is having various joints replaced.  She had one done, then recovery in a nursing home, then scheduled for the next.  She probably won't be home until sometime in the New Year.  Without her I don't go to the gym at all.  And being the highly motivated person that I am not I don't do a damned thing here by myself.  I really need to.  I'm getting very soft.  Haven't gained the weight back, thankfully, but it's not helping my blood glucose to sit on my ass so much.  But I've never really been motivated.  Maybe for a New Year's Present for myself I'll get a membership to the gym downtown.  Now that I've been going to a gym and known how the machines work and stuff I don't have to have the customer service I get at Heart to Heart.  I love it out there, but I can't afford it on my own and it's more than 20 miles away.

I'm supposed to be doing my holiday baking right now.  I've got everything exploded all over the kitchen and have baked brownie bites, checkerboard cookies and oatmeal cookies.  Then I went to bed and haven't started back up again today.  Just feeling very lazy and unenthusiastic.  Still in my PJ's....maybe a nice hot shower will help me feel more awake and raring to do something productive.  I did change the kitty litter and put the trash out this morning....so I'm not a complete waste!!!  ;-)

So Happy Holidays to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment