Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sunny Summer Saturday

It's been an absolutely beautiful day here in Northern NY.  I went to bed last night with a sore neck....I think I got whiplash moving paint cans or something equally foolish.  Thankfully, this morning it had let go.  So since I was up and had a few extra bucks in my pocket I went to Hogansburg, NY where they were having their town wide garage sales.  This is a part of Akwasasne Mohawk Indian Reservation.  There were so many sales!!  I only hit about half of them, got some amazing deals on some random things, a little of this and a little of that, then I had to make myself stop.  Hit Aldi's to pick up a few grocery items then headed home.

The kiddo has a couple friends over, so Kyle and I put a big dinner together.  We had a smoked roast in the fridge from when we ran the smoker the other day, salt potatoes, fresh cherry tomatoes and some baked beans.  Mmmmmmm!!!!!!  The kind of meal that you want to just keep eating and eating until it's all gone!  But there was way too much food for that, so we'll have tasty leftovers for the boys to scavenge in the night when they take a break from whatever video games they're currently playing.

Now it's time to relax.  If Kyle didn't have to work tonight it'd be a perfect night for a campfire, but alas....his shift starts at 11pm so he'll need to go have a nap shortly.  He's set up a Kindle and I've shown him a few sites for good book deals.   I've been watching the X-Files so I'll put that on the Roku in a bit.  I've seen it before, of course, but only a handful of episodes and the movie.  In the 90's when it came out I was a college student, then a single girl on my own, so I never subscribed to cable where I could sit and watch any series completely.  Now that everything is available thanks to streaming technology I can sit and watch entire series from start to finish, though!  So it worked out very well, in the end.  And I still don't pay for a regular cable or satellite subscription!  I can't imagine why anybody does, these days.

My son's 8th grade schedule arrived yesterday.  He will be in Team 3, which means nothing to anybody outside of that school, but it's handy that this year one of his good friends is on the same team so they'll have the same classes at the same time.  Heck, they've even got homeroom together -- that poor, poor teacher!  And he did stay in honors math and science, so this year he'll be taking Algebra and Earth Science.  I got really lucky and found a TI-84+ Silver Ed. for $20 at a yard sale in the spring.  He looked at me funny when I showed it to him, but when I explained that those suckers start at $70 and go up from there depending on sales and luck, he got the picture.

So that's it for today.  No contemplative posting, no stories, just a relaxing day doing random assorted things.  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment